How Dokpesi Was Treated When He Got To Kuje Prison Yesterday

Share it:

Media mogul and owner of Daar Communications, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi was taken to Kuje prison yesterday, December 14, pending when he perfects his bail terms.

Raymond Dokpesi with EFCC agent

Raymond Dokpesi with EFCC agent during his arraignment

. The conditions for bail are N200 million each (N400m) by two sureties and the judge ordered that he should be remanded in Kuje prisons pending the fulfillment of his bail conditions.

The Nation reports that Dokpesi arrived at the prison at about 4.55pm and was taken immediately to the prison chief’s office.

A source who spoke on condition of anonymity said: “We have received Dokpesi in Kuje Prison and perfected his records before allocating him a cell.

Upon sighting Dokpesi, most of the inmates who were abreast of the ongoing anti-corruption trials, were anxious to see him.

“But we decided to keep him in the office of the Officer-In-Charge to avoid being hurt by some inmates. Warders succeeded in shielding him from inmates.”


According to the source, the media mogul was moody when he was brought in.

Dokpesi is standing trial for a six-count charge of money laundering and other fraud related charges. He is alleged to have received about N2.1billion from the office of the National Security Adviser for the Peoples Democratic Party’s ‎presidential media campaign.‎

He is facing trial ‎alongside ‎his firm, DAAR Investment and Holdings Ltd, owners of African Independent Television, AIT, and Raypower FM.

The post How Dokpesi Was Treated When He Got To Kuje Prison Yesterday appeared first on Nigeria News today & Breaking news | Read on NAIJ.COM.

Share it:

Latest Stories

Post A Comment:


We’re eager to see your comment. However, Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated according to our Comment Policy and all the links are nofollow. Using keywords in the name field area is forbidden.
Comment Using Either Disqus or Default Comment Mode.